At INDY Neurofeedback, we are completely fascinated with understanding how the brain functions.
But we don’t study the brain just to understand it better. We use technology and neurofeedback to help people learn more about their individual brain function to help them use their brains more effectively and productively.
For instance, INDY Neurofeedback can help people overcome behavior issues from brain injuries, or help people stop repetitive or compulsive behaviors, bad habits, or overcome fears. Using neurofeedback, we can also help improve the quality of sleep, and help with anger and stress management. We can also help with chronic pain management, and help those with ADHD and autism symptoms.
Here are some interesting facts about our amazing brains and brain function. Did you know, for example, that:
- Babies are born with all the neurons they will ever have?
- An entire area of the brain is devoted to hearing consonants?
- Your brain burns 20 percent of your body’s oxygen and glucose?
- Your brain requires about 20 watts of electric power – about the energy as a household light bulb?
- Completely different parts of the brain are responsible for determining quantity (how many) and volume (how much)?
- Unconsciousness occurs eight-to-ten seconds after loss of blood supply to the brain?
- Everyone, including the deaf, use the left hemisphere to process language?
- You are more likely to remember something if the experience combines information and emotion?
- There are special grid cells in the brain that help you navigate?
- Seeing someone in distress triggers mirror neurons in your brain to feel similar emotions?
- The part of your brain that recognizes an object is different from the part in your brain that locates it?
- Reflex responses such as a knee jerk, come from the spinal cord, not the brain?
INDY Neurofeedback is here to help your brain responsiveness by helping you retrain the way you think, react, recall, and respond. If you have a question about your own condition or concern, we’re happy to activate our brains and listen to you!